Rainey Institute is seeking a dynamic fundraiser with a great personality and passion for supporting the youth and the arts. The Director of Development is responsible for executing all aspects of our fundraising program while growing the organization’s fundraising revenue through cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and retaining donors. With the goal of building a robust, diverse and high performing development department, the ideal candidate will thrive on the responsibility of driving the organization’s fundraising targets and will be an effective fundraiser themselves as well as a good team leader and manager.
- Achieve annual revenue goals to meet program needs by:
- Stewarding and soliciting major donors, growing Rainey’s major gifts and institutional revenue.
- Stewarding relationships with current donors, with the initial goal to maintain and eventually grow revenue from them.
- Cultivating new relationships through prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation, growing Rainey’s grants revenue.
- Designing and managing development programs (alumni council, monthly giving program, Planned Giving) and campaigns to increase donor growth, retention, and engagement, using current organizational data.
- Engage corporations to increase corporate gifts and sponsorships.
- Support the Glissando Committee in the development of the goals and solicitations for the annual event.
Management & Communications (20%)
- Provide leadership and guidance within the Board of Directors and Development Committee to achieve annual fundraising goals through effective planning, implementation, and accountability.
- Lead, supervise and guide the development team to achieve goals.
- Oversee donor record and gift acknowledgement.
- Provide strategic oversight for donor communications, streamlining messaging across platforms and developing a consistent brand for the organization in all web content, mailed appeals, brochures, and other development-related materials.
- Develop a plan to engage and connect potential funders and donors with the Rainey community in partnership with the Director of Arts Education.
- Attend Rainey events throughout the year to represent the organization and cultivate donors.
Planning & Measurement (20%)
- Create and utilize a goal driven annual fundraising plan to support the organization’s strategic goals and support the budget with revenue sources and targets.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the plan through the use of a departmental dashboard to monitor performance of the plan, ensuring that financial and fundraising goals are met.
- Ensure program growth by collaborating with the leadership team, to develop revenue targets and strategies that align with program goals, and offering a development perspective for organization-wide strategic and operational decisions.
- Use metrics to report progress of goals to the Board of Directors, Leadership Team, and Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Broad development experience including corporate partnerships and foundation/government funds to major gift solicitation and grant writing.
- Experience building a successful development program, knowledge and confidence to implement new and improved existing strategies to keep pace with the organization’s growth goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Rainey Institute’s mission to develop positive growth for Greater Clevealnd’s youth through education and engagement in visual and performing arts.
- Experience with donor and grants management platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the mission accurately and persuasively to volunteers, donors, and prospects.
- Exceptional work ethic and track record of initiative and achievement.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, attending program events and fundraisers.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills characterized by the ability to listen, speak and write well.
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to both delegate and to execute, thereby leading by word and example.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in philanthropy.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills.
It is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Rainey Institute. Rainey Institute is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.