careers @ rainey
Digital Teaching Artist
Pay Range: $35/hour
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rainey Institute is a 501(c)(3) organization who develops positive growth for over 2500 Greater Cleveland youth through education and engagement in visual and performing arts. Rainey Institute has changed countless lives through education and engagement in performing and visual arts. We recognize potential in all its forms and embrace children with no arts background just as readily as those with perfect pitch. Rainey Institute has served as a community anchor in Cleveland’s historic Hough neighborhood for more than a century. To learn more about Rainey Institute, please visit https://raineyinstitute.org/.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Rainey Institute is seeking a Part-Time experienced and enthusiastic Digital Art Teacher to meet our growing demand for the Visual Arts Department. The Teaching Artist is equal parts professional artist and professional educator. Teaching Artists at Rainey Institute have the unique opportunity to have an impact on the entire community, in and outside of the classroom. Teaching Artists create and deliver high-quality, authentic and engaging curriculum, become a trusted part of the community, and contribute to a climate and classroom environment that is inclusive, creative and aspirational. The Teaching Artists will be responsible for planning and establishing a safe environment for all students while providing instruction in group settings to students at all levels that encourages and inspires them on the path to visual and performing arts and personal growth.
The Digital Art Teaching Artists’ responsibilities include
- Create and execute lesson plans that align with departmental goals, objectives, and course curriculum
- Teach Digital Art classes for students ages 11 and up, including all skill levels from beginner to advanced. Projects should be designed to introduce students to fundamental digital art tools and techniques, and how to apply those skills in a digital medium. Relevant skills and mediums taught may include, but are not limited to, 2D Computer Graphics/Design, 3D Computer Graphics /Design/Printing, Digital Photography, and Video Art.
- Establish a safe environment for students using principles of child development, including social and emotional learning strategies to manage classroom environments and support student growth.
- Engage in ongoing reflection and evaluation of lesson plans, instructional methods, student progression, and student behavior, among other topics, with department managers and other faculty that may take the form of written reports, surveys, video, individual conferences, group discussions, one-on-one, etc.
- Commit to ongoing professional development and personal practice of their craft through seeking out opportunities to perform and attending professional development sessions provided by or at the expense of Rainey Institute.
- Participate in the planning, organization, execution, and evaluation of exhibits that promote deep learning and exploration.
- Maintain a clean and organized teaching and storage space and ensure supplies, materials, and equipment are kept in pristine condition.
The ideal candidate will have a Visual Arts degree or a profound experience in Digital Art and related areas, proven record of outstanding artistry, and experience working with children from diverse ethnic, economic and cultural backgrounds. Ideal candidates are also available on some weekday afternoons (3:30 pm – 6 pm) and/or some hours on Saturdays. Candidates should also be highly detail-oriented, motivated self-starter, with excellent organizational and communication skills and are growth-oriented with a passion for excellence.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to Meng-Hsuan Wu, Visual Arts Program Manager (email@example.com). No Phone Calls.
Rainey Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.