Visual Art Teaching Artist Assistant
Date Posted: 5 /6/2022
Rainey Institute is seeking Part-Time Teaching Artist Assistants specifically for the Visual Arts Classes. The Teaching Artist Assistant provides support to Teaching Artist during the class and is responsible for the daily class functionality as well as supporting the emotional wellbeing of the students. Teaching Artist Assistant at Rainey Institute have the unique opportunity to have an impact on the entire community, in and outside of the classroom. Teaching Artist Assistant contribute to a climate and classroom
environment that is inclusive, creative and aspirational.
The Teaching Artist Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting Teaching Artist in preparing the class supplies and clearing away afterwards so as to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Helping Teaching Artist manage student behavior
- Supporting each student’s social and emotional growth and development
- Assisting in supervising art activities, exhibitions, and community events
- Maintaining communication with the lead teaching artist regarding the progress of students
- Experience in working with children from diverse ethnic, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal and communication
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- An interest in growing as a professional in visual arts
AVAILABLE ASSISTING OPPORTUNITIES
*Rainey Institute Afterschool Program:
Session Dates/ Time
September 2022 – May 2023 (Days of the week to be specified) | Monday- Friday | 3:30pm -6:00pm
$12-17 per hour (Part-time/ Contract)
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume and cover letter to Meng-Hsuan Wu, Visual Arts Program Manager, [email protected]. No Phone Calls.
Rainey Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.